Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cupcake Vineyards Wine

Last month when skimming through the Gazette I was reading an article about Merlot and how it deserves a second chance. I was reading over the wine writer's current favorites when I came across this little excerpt:
The winner for best packaging is the Cupcake Merlot 2006 ($15) that arrived at my door in a pink cake box and a tin of cupcake mix. Blackberry and dark plum flavors predominate in this beauty, along with a bit of chocolate.
CUPCAKE Merlot?! Blackberry and dark plum flavors, with a bit of chocolate??? Wow, that really does sound like a cupcake! I had completely forgot about it until this past weekend when I was at the Beer & Wine store, and snagged myself a bottle. I've got to admit I kind of want to order it so I can see this cute pink packaging!! Anyway, haven't popped the cork yet, but I'll let you know how it tastes when I do!
The Cupcake Wine is made by Cupcake Vineyards (Underdog Wine Merchants), whose website is under construction (see screen shot below) but can be found by clicking here.

No comments: