Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Georgetown Cupcake Monthly Flavor: Toffee

Georgetown Cupcake's special flavor for the month of May is Toffee Crunch, and since my sister lives in Georgetown I'd been asking her to pop in and grab one! She actually bought two, along with a Lemon Blossom and Chocolate Hazelnut (two of their regular flavors).
Steph, not being much of a toffee fan, said it was sweet and had toffee bits not just on top but also baked into the cupcake itself, and that she had no intention of sharing with her roommates. She also added that the icing was very creamy and goes well with the toffee. SO, there's only 4 days left in May - so get on over to Georgetown Cupcake and pick one up while you can!

Next month Georgetown Cupcake will be featuring two new monthly flavors: Strawberry and White Chocolate Raspberry.

5 comments:

veggievixen said...

come to me, beautiful cupcakes.

melissa lawson said...

hi, i was wondering if you could help me find where i can get gourmet cupcakes in maryland, i have a photo of a cupcake i got in boston, and i've been searching endless cupcake places to find a place that sells one that is similar one, i couldn't find your email address anywhere so i thought i should just leave a comment here

mlshoare said...

what did you think of the lemon and chocolate cupcakes you purchased? Have you ever done rankings for all the cupcake places in the area? I am in the process of trying to pick my favorite cupcake store, and I would be interested to hear your expert opinion!

melissa lawson said...

oh and heres the picture of the cupcake, it's just a regular chocolate cake with white icing, and ontop of that is a large frosting flower

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/drPHILisPHAT/?action=view&current=Photo488.jpg

thanks!

Reid said...

As a Georgetown Cupcake groupie when I'm home from college, I know my way around their menu pretty well. The cupcake you identified as a Lemon Blossom is actually a Lemon Berry. It's very similar to the Lemon Blossom but has an added raspberry flavoring in both the cake and icing and the icing is plain white instead of that beautiful shade of pink. I personally am a bigger fan of the original Lemon Blossom (available Tues/Fri). And I really enjoyed the Toffee cupcake this month too. The best one I had was apparently from a batch recently out of the oven because it literally melted in my mouth. Ok... now you have me obsessing over georgetown cupcake but I'm busy all day tomorrow so I can't go and it's closed on Mondays! Tuesday can't come fast enough...