Friday, July 17, 2009

Washingtonian Mag Best of DC Party!

On Wednesday night I attended Washingtonian Magazine's Best of Party - what a GREAT time! Definitely worth the ticket price. The portions are plentiful and the drinks are strong!
Georgetown Cupcake and Baked & Wired were both at the event. Since Georgetown Cupcake was obviously bringing cupcakes, Baked & Wired decided it would be a good opportunity to show customers that they do carry other delicious desserts, so they brought their tasty brownies and pies and were doing drawings to give away some cakes!

Me with Teresa, owner of Baked & Wired

The spread at Baked & Wired's table

Posing with Sophie Lamontagne, who owns Georgetown Cupcake with her sister Katherine Kallinis.

Cupcake Heaven? Georgetown Cupcake's spread at the event
Georgetown Cupcake's Peanut Butter Fudge Cupcake was SO good. The chocolate cake was warm and rich, and was filled with a warm and gooey fudge sauce. Mike had the Red Velvet, Georgetown Cupcake's signature flavor, and loved it!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Just found your blog! I just LOVE Georgetown Cupcakes. My hubby and I are there almost every Sunday for the Key Lime cupcake as well as the chocolate mint. Although I do love the raspberry white chocolate! I have my own cupcake business in southern MD called Fresh Batch Cupcakes. I actually use homemade jams to fill my cupcakes! Come check out my blog and the Fresh Batch Cupcakes label!

Danielle said...

I have been wanting to try their Chocolate Mint for a while - this reminds me I need to get over there and do so! Congrats on the cupcake biz - I'm going to jump over and check our your blog right now!