Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lola Cupcakes

When I posted a week ago about our DC/Metro Cupcake Meetup at the Reflecting Pool in DC, I mentioned one of our members brought cupcakes from Lola's Cookies & Treats in Leesburg. Well here are some pictures of those cupcakes from another group member!


Smores


Chocolate


Ginger

As I mentioned before, Lola Cookies is a gourmet cookie bakery located in Leesburg, Virginia, in the historic seat of Loudoun County. They ship nationwide and accept catering orders locally, and you can even find their treats at stands at farmers' markets in Northern Virginia (not sure if that includes the cupcakes). However, coconut cupcakes are available every day at the bakery until they sell out. Whereas Chocolate, Ginger, Carrot Cake, and Smores cupcakes are occasional specials which can be pre-ordered by calling the store.
I thought the Smores cupcake was divine, and the chocolate was really good as well. I didn't try the Ginger, but based on the other two, I'd imagine it's probably pretty tasty! I would love to try their carrot cake.
Lola Cookies & Treats is located at 109 South King Street in downtown Leesburg, Virginia.

No comments: