Wednesday, September 3, 2008

DC Cupcake Benefit, Tonight!

I hate to admit it, but I kind of missed the ball on this one. Tonight at the City Tavern Club in Georgetown, on the corner of Wisconsin and M, Miss DC 2008 (Katie Marie Grinold) is hosting the Cocktails & Cupcakes for Innocents at Risk event. What is that you ask? Have you rode the Metro lately and seen those awareness posters about human trafficking? Well, the proceeds from this event will benefit Innocents At Risk, a group that works to stop human trafficking. They'll be auctioning off items donated by Cafe Milano, the Nat's, and the Washington National Opera, to name a few. And, can't forget to mention that Georgetown Cupcake is catering the event with 250 cupcakes.
So, my apologies to anyone who would have liked to go (I know I would have!) for not letting you know sooner. Hopefully I'll find some good pictures and post them for you guys.

No comments: