Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baking Fun















Word has spread around the office that I will be out of town later this week, i.e. not here to bake my coworkers their weekly cupcakes! So to please the masses, I decided to bake some cupcakes last night to bring in today.

I've never liked public transportation, but when choosing between a 17 minute Metro commute or a hour+ drive, I think the choice is obvious. Unfortunately today the AC was broken on the Metro. With this recent heat wave we've been having in the DC Area, you can assume that the ride from Shady Grove to Bethesda was a hot & sweaty nightmare. However, the compliments on my cupcakes from complete strangers, all the way from the Shady Grove Metro platform to the elevator ride up to my office floor, made the trip a little less miserable!

So lesson of the day: if you ever feel like socializing, walk around holding a plate of cupcakes. It's a guarenteed conversation starter!

















No comments: