Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cupcake Books!

There are a lot of choices out there when it comes to cupcake cookbooks. I only have two, Crazy About Cupcakes which I got from Michael’s craft store, and 500 Cupcakes which a close girlfriend surprised me with! Crazy About Cupcakes is great for decorating ideas, frosting recipes, and flavor combinations, but to be honest, this book has yet to give me a recipe that I would ever make again. I’m currently on strike 6, the last disaster being the Chocolate Beer Cupcakes. Just as fast as they came out of the oven, they went in the trash. Gross.

500 Cupcakes on the other hand has been wonderful. I’ve only tried the Cookies & Cream and the Key Lime Cupcakes, but they were both big hits. The book has a wide array of different flavors, like Lavender Honey, Florentine, and Sticky Toffee Pudding. One little deceiving thing about this book…it’s not actually all cupcakes; there are well over 100 muffin recipes. And, as any true cupcake lover will know, there is a big difference between a muffin and a cupcake! A lot of the muffins do look pretty good though, so I think it’s worth the $15.95 investment (or $9.64 used through Amazon!).

I’m really looking forward to the November release of Cupcakes by Carol Pastor, which will show 100 decorating ideas step-by-step along with 400+ photos. Click here to preorder your own copy through Amazon Happy Baking!


No comments: